Friday, February 10, 2012

The Search is Over


So after 3 long weeks of searching and stressing it’s finally over. I found a job.  I’ll be starting my new career as the marketing guy (I don’t actually know my official job title???) for a law firm here in Jacksonville.  I’m very excited to have the opportunity to take the reins on the marketing efforts for the firm and hopefully take them (I guess I should say “us”) to new heights.  I’d like to say a few things . . .

Thank you to everyone who supported me during this time.  I want to thank my family and friends for always being there for me.  I want to thank the fans who make it possible for me to be here. I want to thank the coaches and trainers who helped keep me prepared for every game and performing at my best.  I’d like to thank all of the writers and critics who gave me the motivation . . .

Oops sorry, that’s the Heisman Trophy speech I had prepared just in case I ever got really good at football in college.  I forgot I didn’t have a “I just got hired after being laid off for 3 weeks” speech prepared for this occasion, so I’ll just have to wing it.

But seriously, I do appreciate all of the support that everyone has given me during my three week unpaid vacation.  Thanks to anyone who has ever read my blog and continues to read these.  Getting some positive feedback about this blog and my writing in general was a large part of staying positive and giving me the confidence to keep writing.  Although I will have less time to update this going forward, I’ll try my best to keep writing and continue to post some good material in the future.   I still have a few gems in production that I’m waiting to put together.  Hopefully I can deliver and you’ll continue to read.

1 comment:

I encourage everyone to share their thoughts. So tell me what you think!