Monday, February 6, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Bites


Here’s a tasty snack that I’ve created and am still perfecting.  Although I can’t take all the credit for it, a little inspiration from Old Chicago and an idea from Alexandra helped create what I’m calling Buffalo Chicken Bites.  If you like crescent rolls and buffalo chicken then you’ll love these.  I’ve even included some photos to help guide you through the recipe. It’s real easy but pictures are fun, so enjoy.

What you need (I don’t have exact measurements because I just kind of winged it)
  • Chicken (amount of chicken depends on how many bites you want)
  • Buffalo Sauce (Can use hot sauce/butter combo or buy buffalo wing sauce)
  • Blue Cheese crumbles
  • Crescent rolls (one can of 8 crescent can make 16 bites)
  • Ranch dressing (optional for dipping bites in)


Those are the basic ingredients, now I’ll give you the amounts I used and how many I was able to make. (all measurements are approximate)
  • About 1lb of chicken, shredded
  • About 8oz of buffalo wing sauce
  • About 6oz of blue cheese crumbles
  • 3 cans of 8 jumbo crescent rolls

Alright now for the step by step on how to make these tasty little snacks
   Boil chicken until cooked all the way through 
   Preheat oven to 350
   Once chicken is cooked remove from water and let cool
   While chicken is cooling put buffalo sauce into a bowl (if mixing hot sauce and butter, mix into a bowl) 


Shred cool chicken and mix into bowl of buffalo sauce

Set out cookie sheets and spray cooking spray to prevent sticking
Lay out crescent rolls and mush (no that is not the technical cooking term) together to form long strips (like in picture)

Cut strips into small squares and place on cookie sheet.

Place small amount of shredded chicken in middle of crescent square and add blue cheese crumble


Fold square in half to form a pocket around chicken and blue cheese

Place in oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown
Allow to cool, and enjoy


This was the second test run on making these so the recipe is by no means perfect, but I received some pretty good reviews from multiple people so I did something right.  If you have any questions, comments, suggestions, or an experience trying them out, leave a comment. I’d love to hear how to make this recipe better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage everyone to share their thoughts. So tell me what you think!