Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Life Needs a Soundtrack


I know I speak for a lot of people when I say that music is an important part of my life.  I don’t think I would ever be able to work out if I didn’t have my Ipod.  Imagine driving if you didn’t have anything to listen to?  Sounds really awful doesn’t it?  Try watching sports highlights or a suspenseful movie without a good soundtrack.  Nothing would be anywhere near as exciting without music.

Music is our motivation, our entertainment, and our emotional connection to the scene in front of us.  Poetry can be very moving, but a song elevates those words to another level because of the music accompanying them.  We add music to our lives whenever we can, and like the movies it adds another dimension to the situation we’re in. 

Now imagine your life as a movie, but you live everyday with the sound turned off.  Just think of what things would be like if you had a soundtrack to go along with every event in your life.  You had a little team of people that picked the appropriate songs for the situation you were in and played it at the appropriate time.  Now maybe it’s just me, but would that not be the coolest thing . . . ever? 

Imagine yourself walking down the street to Queen’s “Another One Bites the Dust”  Don’t tell me you wouldn’t start walking everywhere with a purpose.  (I believe this should be implemented in malls immediately)  I think we could rid this country of obesity if the start of any exercise was accompanied by Eye of the Tiger.  

Seriously, these ideas are pure gold, please tell me this is do-able. 

Without going in to too much detail, I think a lot of marriages could be saved if there was more Barry White or Kenny G in every relationship.  Production at work could be dramatically improved with the appropriate theme music, which would be different for every person, but incredibly effective.  I would also like to propose that the montage be made into a real thing.  I don’t know how it would work in real life but we could montage our way right out of this recession.

Imagine the possibilities that come along with having a soundtrack for your life?  Hear ominous music playing? Uhh ohh you might be in trouble, be on high alert.  Hear some saxophone crooning in the background while on a date, it might be time to make a move.  Although this may create the adverse effect of increased teenage pregnancy . . . hmm maybe it’s not a perfect system.  But I think you’re beginning to see the possibilities here. 

And I’m only scratching the surface.  I’m sure if I went through my Itunes I could come up with a few good songs for almost any situation.  Someday when I create my autobiographical documentary I’ll have the chance to properly set my life to a soundtrack.  It will be wonderful.  If you’ve got an idea for a song/situation post it in the comments section below, and maybe someday I’ll include it in my movie

Now I’m going to go find myself a job! (cue R. Kelly “I Believe I Can Fly)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage everyone to share their thoughts. So tell me what you think!